- I love the Web a great deal. I fell down the WWW rabbit hole back in 2000 and got into coding a year later. Via graphic design, mathematics, a music tech degree, and 7 years in customer service, I found myself in digital marketing. I'm now an SEO.
- I've been learning Portuguese since 2017.
- I have a son who is my pride and joy.
- I've had grey hair since I was 20.
- I've lived in 3 different cities in the UK and 1 in the US (Atlanta for 6 months).
- I also love Python, HTML, and CSS. And the Web. Have I already said that?
- I create for people, not algorithms.
- I currently work as a technical SEO and I love SEO.
- In my spare time, I enjoy watching sports, playing Pokémon and reliving my childhood with old computer games and cartoons on YouTube. I love modernist architecture, Mies van der Rohe, and Roger Federer.
- I have a degree in Music Technology and I've been making music since 2010.
About the site
I’ve had so many versions of this site, I’ve lost count. It originally started life as starcrazy.org back in 2009(?) but eventually, I moved over to lukealexdavis.co.uk in 2010. Since then, it’s taken the form of a blog and a hand-coded personal site with numerous cosmetic changes.
Now, the site is built using Astro, "a new kind of static site builder that delivers lightning-fast performance with a modern developer experience".
My relationship with the Web has influenced how I’ve made and remade this site, from FrontPage Express to Microsoft FrontPage to Dreamweaver to Sublime Text. Other influences include:
Gender and pronouns
All content on this site and my external projects are available under the CC BY 2.0 licence. All I ask is you credit my work if you use it anywhere and link back to the site.
Inspired by Marijn van Hoorn:
- Favourite album: Seal II by Seal
- Favourite song: Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
- Favourite film: Batman Returns
- Favourite video game: Pokémon Silver
- Favourite colour: Red (closely followed by green)
- Favourite planet: Once I finish Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, I’ll get back to you
- Deepest fears: Confrontation, mould, DeepDream, moths, and anything that makes me anxious
If you want to get in touch, please send an email to email@example.com.
Page created: 25 Nov 2016 (approx.)
Page last updated: 3 Sept 2021