Here are some facts about me and the site.
- I was born in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
- I love the Web a great deal. I fell down the WWW rabbit hole back in 2000 and got into coding a year later. Via graphic design, mathematics, a music tech degree, and 7 years in customer service, I found myself in digital marketing. I’m now an SEO.
- I currently work as a technical SEO and I love SEO.
- I’m Black (with a capital B).
- I’m neurodivergent and Probably Autistic.
- I’ve been learning Portuguese since 2017.
- I have a son who is my pride and joy.
- I’ve had grey hair since I was 20.
- I’ve lived in 3 different cities in the UK and 1 in the US (Atlanta, for 6 months).
- I also love Python, HTML, and CSS. And the Web. Have I already said that?
- I create for people, not algorithms.
- In my spare time, I enjoy watching sports, playing Pokémon and reliving my childhood with old computer games and cartoons on YouTube. I love modernist architecture, Mies van der Rohe, and Roger Federer.
- I have a degree in Music Technology and I’ve been making music since 2010.
- Free Palestine, give back their land, end the occupation, and ceasefire now!
About the site (aka the colophon)
I’ve had so many versions of this site, I’ve lost count. It originally started life as starcrazy.org back in 2009(?) but eventually, I moved over to lukealexdavis.co.uk in 2010. Since then, it’s taken the form of a blog and a hand-coded personal site with numerous cosmetic changes.
Now, the site is built using Astro and hosted on IONOS (referral link).
The fonts I’m using are Erode Bold for headings and your device’s default system font for body text.
The green used on the site is
rgb(41, 95, 43) if you’d prefer.
My relationship with the Web has influenced how I’ve made and remade this site, from FrontPage Express to Microsoft FrontPage to Dreamweaver to Sublime Text. Other influences include:
Identity and pronouns
I’m cisgender man, pansexual, and my pronouns are he/him/his.
All content on this site and my external projects are available under the CC BY 2.0 licence. All I ask is you credit my work if you use it anywhere and link back to the site.
Page created: 25 Nov 2016 (approx.)
Page last updated: 12 Nov 2023